Vhi Corporate Solutions
Health and Wellbeing Services for Your Business
Vhi Corporate Solutions is one of the leading providers of
integrated Occupational Health, Employee Assistance Programmes
and well-being services in Ireland with an extensive portfolio of
corporate clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Vhi
Corporate Solutions has been providing business focused occupational
health and employee assistance programmes to corporate clients since
2000. Each client's needs are assessed and a tailored solution
developed to ensure quality of service provision and an optimal
return on investment.
Vhi Corporate Solutions currently provides Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programmes to over 600 companies in Ireland and over 260,000 lives across a range of industry sectors. The Vhi Corporate Solutions team comprises Organisational Psychologists, Occupational Health Nurse Advisors, Specialist Occupational Health Physicians and business professionals.
To find out more about our Occupational Health, Employee Assistance Programmes or other products and services , please contact us as follows:
Occupational Health Services
Our mission statement
We strive to maintain employee health, minimise the impact of illness/injury through prompt and appropriate medical management and support early, and effective rehabilitation to work. Our focus on 'prevention rather than cure' seeks to pre-empt illness with robust Health surveillance programmes and good health promotions initiatives. We provide evidence-based, validated, Occupational Health services, continuous professional development. Accreditation to ISO90001 & SEQOHS level ensures our compliance with best practice and that ever-changing occupational health demands are always met... Read more
What is Occupational Health
The primary function of Occupational Health is to aid in the early detection and intervention for work related injury or illness. Occupational Health also ensures that ill or injured employees are supported in maintaining their ability to work. Occupational Health monitors the effect of work on employee health and the effect of employee health on work.
What is Employee Wellness
Your 'employee's wellness' (which encompasses both physical and emotional resilience of the workforce) is defined as a core objective of our service. This requires a holistic approach which seeks to encourage and nurture healthy lifestyles and attitudes along with individual empowerment and coping mechanisms.
Occupational Health Assessments
This is typically a 30-60 minute interview (and relevant examination) that will assess your fitness for your work tasks. It will also assess what accommodations might be required to facilitate your return to work after illness or injury and/or your retention in work following the diagnosis of illness/injury (maintaining your ability to work)
Who carries out this assessment?
Your occupational health assessment will be performed by Specialist trained Doctors (OHP-Occupational Health Physicians) and Nurses (OHA-Occupational Health Advisors). Their primary objective is to promote rehabilitation to work by applying evidence-based principles to minimise the work impact of illness/injury with appropriate supports and interventions. The Occupational Health team will work in partnership with you and your employer to resolve issues in the workplace that might be having an adverse impact on your health.
Will a report be released to my HR Dept.?
Yes. Your examining doctor or nurse will forward a report to a designated person in your HR Dept./ line management. This usually happens within five working days and details your assessment and resulting recommendations.
Occupational Health Surveillance
Vhi Corporate Solutions Occupational Health Surveillance programmes include medical assessments for high risk employees to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
This assesses your employees' hearing and consists of a questionnaire, and an examination of the ear in addition to a hearing test.
This assesses your employee's lung function and consists of a questionnaire and a lung function test.
VDU Eye Screening
This test will assess your employee's ability to see.
Pregnancy Risk Assessment
Conducted with pregnant employees, these assessments include the following aspects
- Expected date of delivery
- Hazard identification: physical hazards, biological agents, chemical hazards, psycosocial
- Working conditions
- Advice on back care and posture
The report of your employee's Pregnancy Risk assessment and recommendations will be issued to the employee's manager, HR and the employee.
Night Worker Medicals
This programme includes conducting medical assessments in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work, General Applications Regulations 2007, Chapter 3, Part 6, "Night Work and Shift Work". The programme is co-ordinated by the Occupational Health Advisor and may include the following
- Medical Questionnaire
- Body Mass Index Calculation
- Eye screening
- ECG (Cardiac Screening) Assessment if clinically indicated
- Shift Work Adaptation (Education/Advice)
Online Pre-employment Medicals for Office/Administrative staff
Our pre-placement assessment online tool is an innovative health screening service, designed to provide you with a secure, low cost, efficient alternative to printed pre-employment questionnaires. The online tool offers you and your company the ability to transform their employment process with a turnaround time of 24 hours. The online tool enables your company to be proactive with the content and delivery of employment questionnaires as they can be customised as required. Following a review of the questionnaire by the onsite Occupational Health Advisor, any employee meeting the agreed referral criteria is then referred to our Occupational Health Physician to determine their fitness for employment.
Pre-employment Medicals for High Risk/Hazardous Occupations
The pre-employment medicals for the above may include:
- Completion of pre-employment questionnaire, Full Physical examination (incl. Height / Weight / Body Mass Index, urinalysis and blood pressure measurement)
- Keystone Vision Screening (incl. VDU test)
- Audiometry (hearing assessment) and Spirometry (lung function testing)
- ECG (cardiac screen if indicated)
- Immunisation risk assessment and vaccination programme (as appropriate)
Employee Wellbeing Workshops
If you're a manager, this workshop will help you develop an understanding of what stress is. You'll be given guidance to help analyse the sources of stress within your teams and to plan personal and team strategies to cope with stress.
Also for managers, this workshop will help you to facilitate change within your team and to be able to help team members cope and adapt to these changes.
For employees, this workshop helps them develop an understanding of what stress is. Participants are given guidance to help analyse the sources of their own stress, and to plan personal strategies.
Keeping healthy boundaries
This workshop is designed to enhance existing interpersonal skills and to build confidence in responding effectively to difficult situations and the demands of a busy work environment.
This workshop helps employees to identify what they want from work and life and how to achieve a balance that works for them
This workshop outlines several ways in which employees can build emotional resilience against everyday sources of stress. If external speakers are required for the delivery of such programmes, then an additional cost will be applicable.
Employee Assistance Services
Tailored Employee Assistance Programmes from Vhi Corporate Solutions
As one of the leading providers of Employee Assistance
Programmes and well-being services in Ireland, we have an extensive
portfolio of corporate clients across all industry sectors. Vhi CS
has been providing business-focused employee assistance programmes
to corporate clients since 2000. We assess your needs and develop a
tailored solution, focusing on your requirements. With Vhi CS,
you're assured a quality service and we'll work hard to deliver the
best possible return on investment.
We also provide an expansive range of talks and workshops in the area of health and well-being. And our Critical incident stress management initiatives are delivered by qualified and experienced trainers... Read more
What is an Employee Assistance Programme?
The Employee Assistance Programme is designed to help your employees to deal with their
problems before it affects their job. These may include problems
from any part of their working life or life outside work.
The Employee Assistance Programme will also help your management team to understand how to support their workforce and how to address problems with employees' performance. We do this by providing you with a wide range of support services for employees and organisational leadership.
Most of the time, we can depend on our own resourcefulness to cope with whatever comes our way. But every now and then we may need a little help. Someone who can listen, understand and above all, offer assistance.
The Employee Assistance Programme is a confidential counselling and information service designed to help your employees who are facing a problem in their life. It may be a work problem, a family problem, financial strain or perhaps a legal problem.
When would you use this service?
The Employee Assistance Programme can help employees with issues in any of the following areas; family issues, general information queries, work-related issues, financial matters, emotional concerns, legal matters, parent coaching, career coaching.
How is the service provided?
Counselling and information services are available from a range of professional counsellors and information specialist. The following services are available
- Specialist information
- Coaching services
- Trauma support
- Face to face counselling
- Management consultation
- Telephone counselling
- Management referral
Our management consultation service provides managers with access to qualified counselling to discuss staff and team management. We have worked with managers across different companies, and offer a service aimed at developing soft skills and coaching line-managers with specific concerns. The service supports managers by helping them to understand particular behaviours or situations and to respond sympathetically and effectively. Examples include confronting employees with behavioural problems(e.g. timekeeping, bullying), initiating difficult conversations(e.g. offering sympathy following a bereavement) or more general queries surrounding responsibility (e.g. from newly promoted managers). We understand that every organisation is unique and we will give you tailored solutions for what you need.
Benefits of having an Employee Assistance Programme
- 24/7 phone line access
- Can address problem in own time and pace
- Additional resources available online
- Professional expertise available
- Unlimited access to the information service
- Improve functioning
- Improve coping/stress skills
- Improve relationships
- Improve coping/stress skills
- Improve how to deal with changes
- To maximize individual well-being and performance
- Feeling of being valued by staff
- Cost/time saving
- Reduce absenteeism
- Management do not have to deal with something they're not qualified to (management support)
- Productive workforce
- Lower absenteeism turnover
- Improve relationships
- Maximizing organisational functioning in face of adversity
Smoking Cessation Program
Using the workplace setting to encourage and support people to quit smoking...
No matter what your size your business is, you
can benefit from investing in the health of your employees.
Healthier employees take less time off work and are more productive
when at work. Unfortunately, a significant proportion of the
population (1 in 4) still smoke and smoking-related conditions lead
to high levels of ill-health which in turn results in absenteeism
from work and a shortened working life... Read more
The facts speak for themselves
- Smoking takes 10 to 15 quality years off your life.
- Every 6.5 seconds, someone in the world dies from tobacco use.
- Every cigarette a person smokes reduces his/her life by five and a half minutes.
- In Ireland, smoking is the leading cause of avoidable death. Nearly 5,500 people die in Ireland each year from the effects of smoking and thousands of others are ill because of smoking-related diseases.
What you can do...
By supporting your employees to stop smoking, your company can benefit from better health, increased production hours, improved staff morale, a pleasant working environment and an improved corporate image.
Our smoking cessation programme - at a glance
Each session consists of
a non-judgemental intervention which looks at the participant's
smoking habits, their desire to quit and their confidence in making a
- One-on-one counselling sessions.
- Group Therapy.
- Relapse prevention.
- Education of the supports available including pharmacotherapy..
- Follow up support calls
Research has shown that intervention from health professionals has
been shown repeatedly, in randomised controlled trials, to increase
the percentage of smokers who quit and remain abstinent for 6 months
At Vhi, we'll give your company healthcare that fits around your business.
At Vhi Corporate solutions, we can offer you unrivalled expertise when
it comes to providing specialist training services. We focus on health
and wellness-at-work programmes to promote health and well-being within
Our expansive range of Training and Workshop initiatives are delivered by a team of qualified and experienced trainers. The content of the training includes presentations, information material and group discussions. Your training programmes can be delivered in the form of one hour, half day or full day workshops to groups of up to 25 staff. All workshops will be held on site for the convenience of your colleagues and staff... Read more
Samples of our well-being workshops for employees include...
- Stress and resilience:Understand what is stress, how to prevent it and most importantly how to deal with it when you can't prevent it.
- Relaxation techniques:Understand how to relieve stressors whether personal or work based, through the use of physical and mental relaxation techniques
- Mindfulness:You will gain an understanding of mindfulness, simple practical exercises, tools to help you grow your own awareness, skills to help you manage negative thoughts and emotions.
- Stress management: Understand sources of stress, recognise the signs and symptoms, and gain the knowledge to employ successful coping strategies.
Life Style Workshops
Achieving the right balance between work, family and lifestyle commitments is never easy, but getting it right has been shown to dramatically improve emotional and physical well-being. A positive balance also facilitates a more positively engaged and productive workforce.
- Diet & Nutrition: Learn how maintaining a healthy and balanced diet will energise you, and improve mental and physical health, how to reduce fatigue, improve performance and reduce risk from illness/injury.
- Positive Parenting: Understand the importance of play and special time, the power of encouragement, Establish rules, Using consequences, parental self care.
- Financial Planning: Understand overview of market trends and steps that you can take to improve your short-term and long-term financial well-being.
Effective people management is essential to get the very best out of employees and achieve a highly motivated, engaged and resilient workforce. While this sounds easy, it can often prove difficult, but our management workshop will help.
- Managing change: Understand the change process and how it impacts employees in different ways. It will also assist managers in helping their teams cope in the face of change, which is often a time of uncertainty and anxiety.
- Supporting staff with grief and loss: Gain an understanding and awareness of the skills needed to support employees who find themselves in a traumatic situation.
Health & Safety at work
Courses can be delivered in our centre or onsite in your company. The following courses are fully compliant with the current legislation within this area.
- Occupational first aid: This three day course is for occupational fist-aiders and is designed to ensure that they are component within their role; in accordance with revised Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Regulations, 2007, part 7.
- Manual handling: his course which complies with Revised Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Regulations 2007 - is specifically structured to give participants a greater knowledge of manual handling techniques.
Critical Incident and Stress Management Services
What is a critical incident?
A "Critical incident" is any unexpected event that is sudden, shocking or traumatic and which can have an effect on our everyday lives. They can take many forms, including ... Read more
- Aggressive or challenging behaviour
- Serious Workplace accidents
- Sudden/unexpected death of a colleague
- Assault or violent incidents
- Act of self-harm
- Suicide or attempt Suicide
What do we offer?
The employee assistance programme
from Vhi Corporate Solutions provides you and your business with an
extensive range of support services in The event of a critical
These services include...
- Psychological first aid via our 24/7 helpline
- Onsite counselling support for both individual and groups.
- HR and management consultation
- Development of a Critical Incident Policy
- Training for peer supporters
Our services are delivered by our dedicated team of Critical
Incident specialist counsellors who are experienced in responding to
traumatic events. They are available to deal with your query, 24
hours a day, and seven days a week.
All our CI Responders are qualified and accredited mental health professionals and they're trained in the area of traumatic stress and crisis response. Our response team has undergone rigorous training and achieved certification through the International Critical Incident Foundation (ICISF) and the Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists.