What are Vhi SwiftCare clinics?
Vhi SwiftCare Clinics provide walk-in medical care for minor illnesses and injuries and we aim to
treat you within one hour. The clinics are open 365 days a year and no appointment is needed.
Who can use them?
Anyone can use the facilities, not just Vhi Healthcare members.
How does it work?
- Patients are assessed upon arrival.
- If necessary, x-rays and follow-up treatment such as plastering and stitches are available on-site.
- Follow-up clinics with orthopaedic and other specialists are available.
- Where necessary, onward referrals are made.
- Vhi SwiftCare Clinics complement the services of your GP and you will be referred back to your GP for ongoing care where appropriate.
Dental and Other Services
What is treated
Minor injuries or illness that requires
urgent treatment. For example:
|GP procedures - fully covered under your Vhi Healthcare Policy
|What is treated?
||What is not treated?
|Sprains or possible breaks
||Severe breathing difficulty
||Acute or severe stomach pain
|Cuts that may need a stitch
|Minor eye & ear conditions
||Loss of consciousness
||Pregnancy related conditions
|General medical conditions
||Serious head and neck injuries
||Any problems with infants under 12 months