Dentist:  Question:

My 12 year old son needs root canal treatment. We were told we should get this done privately as he won’t sit relaxed on the chair as he is so nervous. Who should I contact and will my Vhi cover some of the expense?


You may need to bring your child to see a paediatric dentist. They are specially trained to deal with nervous children. You can find one by looking up the dentist locator section at the website of the Irish Dental Association or Unfortunately unless you have specific dental cover for your child with a Vhi DeCare Dental Insurance policy you will not receive any reimbursement for the root treatment. You should contact our Customer Contact Centre on 1850 44 44 44 to discuss if any cover is available under your plan.

Dr. Gerard Gavin, Vhi DeCare Dental

Remember your dental health is important for your overall health. Eat a Balanced Healthy Diet, Brush and Floss daily, and visit your dentist regularly.

15th July 2009