Second Opinion for All from Best Doctors®
At Vhi we believe in peace of mind and being there when you need us. We have partnered with Best Doctors to provide our members with a Second Opinion service.
What is it?
Best Doctors' unique service enables Vhi members to have their medical case assessed by a world-class physician who will provide them with a expert second opinion.
The service is available as part of your health insurance plan. The service is best used for any condition that is adversely affecting you.
How does it work?
Once you have decided you would like a second opinion you should call Vhi NurseLine 24/7.
- The NurseLine team will talk to you about your concerns and determine if you are eligible for the Second Opinion service.
- If you are suitable, and with your consent, we will send your details to the Best Doctors team. A specialist from Best Doctors will contact you to learn about your diagnosis and medical history.
- The Best Doctors team will prepare an in-depth summary of your situation to be sent to the Best Doctors expert.
- The selected Best Doctors expert will carry out an in depth review of your case and prepare a detailed report.
- You will receive a detailed conclusion from the specialist which may confirm the initial diagnosis or offer an alternative perspective for consideration. From here you can discuss these options with the specialist and request support as needed.
Who are Best Doctors?
Best Doctors is a specialist medical second opinions provider to companies and insurance carriers that offer the service as a benefit. We provide medical advice and information for people who have been diagnosed with a serious or worrying medical condition. We've built an exclusive database of medical specialists from around the world who have been chosen by other doctors as the best. This includes access to the world's leading specialists in paediatrics.
Call us today
on 1850 247 724
Best Doctors® is a registered trademark of Best Doctors Inc. in the United States and other countries. Used with permission.