Terms and Conditions for the Use of PVS(does not apply to any person using PVS for the sole purpose of the eschedule).
(A) The following definitions apply:
"Authorised User" means
(1) an employee of Vhi where access is required to perform their role,
(2) a third party of Vhi in accordance with the contract between Vhi and its third party or
(3) a billing agent appointed by a consultant as part of their Vhi Consultant Agreement, and where access is granted in accordance with the appointment of the billing agent by a consultant as part of their Vhi Consultant Agreement to assist the Consultant with the payment of their invoices.
(4) an employee of a Service Provider, in accordance with an Agreement between Vhi and Service Provider
“Service Provider”means a hospital, facility, or other company that provides a medical related service to Vhi Customers.
"Data Protection Law" means the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679), Data Protection Act 2018 and the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 as amended, updated, supplemented, repealed or replaced from time to time and any regulations, codes and guidance issued by the Data Protection Commissioner (or any successor body) “Personal Data”, “Special Categories of Personal Data”, “Controller”, “Processor” and “Processing” shall have the meaning set out in Data Protection Law. Any reference to “Personal Data” in this Agreement is to be understood to refer to “Special Categories of Personal Data” also.
"PVS Support" - means the team within Vhi that manages and monitors the PVS system, registers Authorised Users, and deals with queries relating to PVS; either sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org ,or by phone at 01-6147399
(B) The Authorised User agrees to comply with the following conditions of use when accessing/using PVS:
- Vhi Insurance DAC ('Vhi') provides the Authorised User with access to PVS in accordance with these Terms and Conditions for the sole purpose of facilitating the verification of Vhi member details wherea Vhi member has requested to utilise their Vhi private medical insurance for the services billed to them. Use of the Service for any other purpose is strictly prohibited and would constitute a breach of the DPL. All abuses/inappropriate usage of the Service will be reported by Vhi to the Data Protection Commission, and shall result in the PVS being withdrawn from the Authorised User and/or where relevant the Service Provider, billing agent or third party of Vhi.
- Vhi is the Data Controller of all Personal Data accessed through PVS. The Authorised User agrees that the use of PVS shall only be in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and such other written instructions that Vhi may provide from time to time
- Each Authorised User shall be provided with an appropriate User ID and PIN by Vhi for access to the PVS, and must agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the PVS at each login.
- The Authorised User agrees to keep secret and secure their login details, and not to allow any other person (whether employed by the facility, by Vhi or by a third party of Vhi, or not) to use the same.
- The Authorised User is responsible for all use of PVS accessed through their login details.
- The Authorised User shall not disclose their login details to any other person (nor shall they log in to PVS so that someone who is not an Authorised User can use PVS through their account), irrespective of whether or not that person is a colleague of the Authorised User.
- In the event the Authorised User's login details are used by any person other than an Authorised User, Vhi reserves the right to immediately terminate that Authorised User's access to the service.
- All use of PVS by the Authorised User is tracked and monitored by Vhi. Vhi shall conduct Audits on the use of PVS from time to time.
- Access to PVS shall only be granted on the basis that the Authorised User requires Access to the Vhi Patient Verification System (PVS) for the sole purpose of verifying Vhi Healthcare DAC Membership details and, if applicable, benefit information; and on condition that the member has selected to utilise their Vhi private medical health insurance cover for the relevant service. Use for any other purpose is prohibited.
- In order to protect the Personal Data of Vhi members from unauthorised disclosure, all visual display screens used to access PVS must only be visible to the Authorised User who requires such access
- No Personal Data provided through the PVS Service should be copied, saved, printed, disseminated, or sent, to any person or another electronic device, including mobile phones (this applies to both paper and electronic copies including screen shots). The PVS Service should not be accessed by Authorised Users in their home or at any other sites external to the Service Provider’s work space, and non-compliance with this clause shall result in Vhi immediately terminating the Authorised User's access to the Service.
- Personal Data of Vhi members retrieved from the PVS is highly confidential, it is provided through PVS for the sole purpose of verifying Vhi membership details where a Vhi member has requested to utilise their Vhi private medical insurance for the services billed to them, and must not be disclosed to any third party.
- Confirmation of cover to a Vhi Healthcare member that presents for medical services does not constitute disclosure under these terms and conditions.
- Vhi will endeavour to provide access to the PVS Service at the agreed times but no warranty is given.
- Provision of Vhi member and product details is not a guarantee of payment. Benefit will only be paid following the successful adjudication of the claim through the Inpatient Assessment System for the plan held on the date(s) of service.
- Vhi may terminate access to PVS at its own discretion.
- The Authorised User agrees to promptly notify Vhi of any incident or data breach that occurs in relation to the PVS Service that results in, or may reasonably give rise to, a risk of unauthorised disclosure, loss, destruction, or alteration, of the Personal Data provided through the PVS Service, immediately (or in any event no later than 24 hours) upon becoming aware of such incident, and shall provide all reasonable co-operation and assistance to Vhi, as may be necessary.