Under the Voluntary Health Insurance (Amendment) Act 2008, the Voluntary Health Insurance Board has established a group structure with the creation of subsidiary companies responsible for different aspects of its business activities.
- Vhi Group DAC – is the Group holding company.
- Vhi Insurance DAC* – underwrites the group's health insurance business
- Vhi Healthcare DAC* – is a registered insurance intermediary for the group insurance business and provides sales and policy administration for the group's health insurance business
- Vhi Health Services DAC – provides occupational health services and employee assistance programmes, Vhi HomeCare, Vhi Medical Screening services
- Vhi Investments DAC – manages minor injury clinics through Vhi Swiftcare clinics.
- Vhi Group Services DAC – provides shared services to the group of companies
- Vhi Occupational Health DAC – provides employed healthcare professional resources, on a secondment basis, to Vhi Health Services DAC
- Vhi RI DAC – engages in property developments services.
- Vhi Health and Wellbeing DAC – develops health and wellbeing services for Vhi customers.
*Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland